Severely Awesome Games Forum

July 22, 2018, 06:52:04 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

SeverelyAwesome.com Live!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Heavy Gear: Blitz! Lightning League Info  (Read 10812 times)
Wizard
Uktena, Snake of Rock Bottom
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« on: July 22, 2010, 05:16:03 PM »

Within the next 2-3 weeks I will begin a Heavy Gear league. Ideally, I will use this forum to run the league match-ups will be posted here each week, along with the week's scenario. The league will last just long enough for each player to play each other player once. The winner will be decided by overall VPs. Whether there is a fee to enter, and therefore a prize, I leave to the players to decide. I intend to introduce optional rules, a different one each week, to test them out and determine if any are worth using in a larger campaign or tournament.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:58:22 AM by Wizard » Logged

Žaš er gott. Ég var gert fyrir bardaga, og minn skal vera öldin kappans. Lįtašu önnur goš drottnu žegar barįttan er buin. Ég skal riša gaulaš ofvišriš, og deyja į sķšastrum miklum storminum.
Wizard
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 11:52:44 PM »

For those who will be participating in the league I need to know how many TV and what PLs each of you is capable of. For example, I am capable of fielding about 1250 TV at PL 1-3, and I'm incapable of fielding PL 4 (I have no heavy tanks or koalas). Everyone ought to be able to field a 500 TV PL1 force, so if at any point in the league, a player can't meet the mission requirements, he and his opponent will play "Border Skirmish" instead of the normal mission for the week. I will endeavor to fashion missions that all players can participate in, and to that end, I need to know what everyone has access to.

For Leagueless or any army which cannot play at a certain PL, use the closest PL to the one described in the mission. If the lower PL player wins the game according to the victory %, he gains VP equal to the diffierence in army PL.

So reply to this thread with 1. your preference of prize/cost to enter or not, and 2. TV/PL you are capable of, or plan to be capable of in the coming weeks.

Žaš er gott. Ég var gert fyrir bardaga, og minn skal vera öldin kappans. Lįtašu önnur goš drottnu žegar barįttan er buin. Ég skal riša gaulaš ofvišriš, og deyja į sķšastrum miklum storminum.
WickedlyLance
General

Waaagh!

MattBlackEmerid
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 07:51:30 PM »

...I can field 750 at every PL except 4.

Me: "I'm in customer service. I have to hate everyone."
Wizard: "Isn't that the exact opposite of what you should do?"
Me: "Yeah, but then I'd have ulcers."
Come see my Photo's at ironlichstudio.deviantart.com or Facebook under Lance Park!
Stufftingle
Private

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 05:34:42 PM »

For PL1 I can run ~1000 pts. I can field 1400 pts comfortably at PL2.  Won't be able to do PL3 until I get my Fire Support.  At PL4 I could field 900 pts.

I'd prefer to keep games at 1k regardless of PL for sake of flexibility in what we get to field.
Darzoni
Colonel

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 11:43:33 AM »

Leagueless: 1690 TV, PL2.  Leagueless are flexible enough that this number can change, though the PL can't.
Peace Officer Corps (what I'll actually be playing): Given that I can field nearly all my models under POC because of the Growing Pains rule... probably about 2000 TV, up to PL3 until I pick up a PR Strike Squad.
WickedlyLance
General

Waaagh!

MattBlackEmerid
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 11:56:31 AM »

Izzat Tag'er-Nuts? IS THAT YOU, TAGGER NUTS AKA Stufftingle?!

Come see my Photo's at ironlichstudio.deviantart.com or Facebook under Lance Park!
Wizard
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 03:32:36 PM »

Obviously you can't field Lance's stuff when you find him, and you have to pick one faction for the league. If you pick Leagueless, in PL3/4 games, you will use PL2 army construction rules, but gain 3/4 advantages such as support points.

Darzoni
Colonel

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 10:38:10 AM »

Obviously you can't field Lance's stuff when you find him, and you have to pick one faction for the league. If you pick Leagueless, in PL3/4 games, you will use PL2 army construction rules, but gain 3/4 advantages such as support points.

I wasn't counting Lance's stuff at all.

On-Hand:
  Bear x1
  Bobcat x2
  Chieftain x1
  Command Jaeger x2
  Demo Drones x2
  Ferret x2
  Jaegers x4
  King Cobra x1
  Mad-Dog R
  Mammoth x1
  Pit Bulls x10
  SD Jaeger x2
  Skirmishers x7
  Spitting Cobra x3
  Warriors x4

Coming:
  Hoplite x2
  Jaguars x2
  PR Infantry Box x1
  PRDF Strike Squad x1
Wizard
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 12:29:29 AM »

Oh my apologies. I read:

... Given that I can field nearly all my models ...

And saw ...Given that I can field nearly all my brothers models...

Darzoni
Colonel

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 10:14:51 AM »

Oh my apologies. I read:

... Given that I can field nearly all my models ...

And saw ...Given that I can field nearly all my brothers models...

Well, I could be a dick and strong-arm him into letting me use his models.  Not something I want to do though.
I ended up ordering the models to put together a Peace River Special Forces squad instead of a PR Strike squad.  Those dudes are pretty scary: you don't need to make them Veteran to upgrade their Att & Def and they all start with EW 2.  TV intensive though.

I have to say that building armies for HGB has required me to think differently about how the models function.  Instead of grouping things together in squads and painting them up that way like I would for WH40k or WHFB, the models can be marked as individuals and shuffled around into different squads.  That is, the models are individuals for the most part.
WickedlyLance
General

Waaagh!

MattBlackEmerid
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 01:47:34 PM »

You could TRY to strong arm me. There's a difference.

Black Knight
Private

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 06:29:35 PM »

As of current I can easily depoly about 2000+ South Army units.  Also about 500-750 of the Utopian army.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 06:32:56 PM by Black Knight » Logged
WickedlyLance
General

Waaagh!

MattBlackEmerid
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 11:55:08 AM »

Beware the Humanist Alliance. They be Heavy Metal.

Stufftingle
Private

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 03:00:45 PM »

Aye... one and the same.  And Humanist is 'eavy amazing!  Can't wait to kick some ass...
WickedlyLance
General

Waaagh!

MattBlackEmerid
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 12:28:31 PM »

Hate you Taggert!!!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Forum