Severely Awesome Games Forum

May 30, 2020, 07:05:14 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

SeverelyAwesome.com Live!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Heavy Gear: Blitz! Lightning League Info  (Read 15033 times)
Stufftingle
Private

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 03:21:18 PM »

You must first know what I am to properly hate me.... Tagert.... one "g"....  It shall be on the last breath of those you take to the field to defy me.
Darzoni
Colonel

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 11:03:30 PM »

So... clarification on the PL rules.

If the PL is lower than you can field using your army rules, you use the lowest PL when building the army?
If the PL is higher than you can field using your army rules, you use the highest PL when building the army?
Wizard
Uktena, Snake of Rock Bottom
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 11:48:30 PM »

I decided you choose the PL, because it is conceivable, at least in the case of being defaulted to PL 2, that taking minimum requirements will cost more than the allotted TV. Not likely, but it wouldn't surprise me. If the players agree that your way is better, then I have no problem with that. That was my original plan, but being stuck at PL 2 severely pigeon-holes your army, and Leagueless especially would be stuck there a lot.

Žaš er gott. Ég var gert fyrir bardaga, og minn skal vera öldin kappans. Lįtašu önnur goš drottnu žegar barįttan er buin. Ég skal riša gaulaš ofvišriš, og deyja į sķšastrum miklum storminum.
Black Knight
Private

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 11:47:15 AM »

I thought we were doing the Army/Regiment no matter the PL . Using the required PL requirements . I think since a lot us are getting started that would be easier. Infantry is the filler for core and a lot us are missing currently . So for example SRA for the PL 1 I would have a Gear G.P. Squad and a Fire Support Squad. Otherwise I would have to try and fit two G.P. in 500 points. Either way how exactly we doing this ?
Mazin1
Private

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 04:40:03 PM »

Looks like I'm out. Is have to get infantry to be competitive at pl 1 at 500 points.
Wizard
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 07:15:43 PM »

Each Scenario has a fixed TV and PL.

Each player must choose a faction and stick to that faction for all games.

If your faction does not allow you to play at the scenario's PL, then you chose which PL to use for army construction.

If you wish to play a Regiment of Note, then you must use that Regiment in all games. If your RoN does not allow you to play a scenario, then you use your base faction rules for that scenario.

In all cases you have support points available as indicated by the scenario's PL.

Žaš er gott. Ég var gert fyrir bardaga, og minn skal vera öldin kappans. Lįtašu önnur goš drottnu žegar barįttan er buin. Ég skal riša gaulaš ofvišriš, og deyja į sķšastrum miklum storminum.
Wizard
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 07:22:06 PM »

Looks like I'm out. Is have to get infantry to be competitive at pl 1 at 500 points.

Who is you?

Black Knight
Private

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 12:37:46 PM »

I'm assuming that is L of the store , since he is the only one missing.

As for what I said , infantry is not required. However they cheaply fill in core requirements for an Army in low point games.
Darzoni
Colonel

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 12:45:18 PM »

Who is you?

Nah, that's gotta be our local Black Talons player.  He's a huge Mazinger fan.
Wizard
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 12:48:58 PM »

My only core choice is GP squads.

Darzoni
Colonel

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 11:20:13 AM »

My only core choice is GP squads.

Man, sucks to be UMFA.  Infantry is not a core.  *point laugh, is shot by a snub cannon in retaliation*

North GP Squads ain't bad- they get a lot of variety like the other GP squads.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Forum