Severely Awesome Games Forum

May 30, 2020, 07:18:44 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

SeverelyAwesome.com Live!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Heavy Gear League Match Ups 09AUG10  (Read 7417 times)
Wizard
Uktena, Snake of Rock Bottom
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« on: August 09, 2010, 02:15:33 PM »

Match Ups for Week 1 are as follows:

Darryl vs. Z
Loran vs. Denny
Lance vs. Tagert

The Scenario will be:

Border Skirmish
Threat Value: 500
PL: 1

Table Effects and Events: Variable Time Limit.
Map Type: Desert Hills
Deployment Zones: 4'x4' table, set up on diagonal edges, as described in L&L
Objective: Wipe Them Out (2OP) and 3 OPs chosen as described in L&L pg 43
Support Options: Command Points, Infiltrate.

I decided not to use any optional rules this week, though perhaps next week we will.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 03:45:55 PM by Wizard » Logged

Žaš er gott. Ég var gert fyrir bardaga, og minn skal vera öldin kappans. Lįtašu önnur goš drottnu žegar barįttan er buin. Ég skal riša gaulaš ofvišriš, og deyja į sķšastrum miklum storminum.
WickedlyLance
General

Waaagh!

MattBlackEmerid
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 03:14:27 PM »

I'll FUCK'EM UP!!!!YAAAAAAHH.....Wait.....Shit. What's he play? South? Striders? Uh Oh.....

Me: "I'm in customer service. I have to hate everyone."
Wizard: "Isn't that the exact opposite of what you should do?"
Me: "Yeah, but then I'd have ulcers."
Come see my Photo's at ironlichstudio.deviantart.com or Facebook under Lance Park!
Black Knight
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 06:32:22 PM »

I wanted to know exactly whats to be expected for a player? What limits are we dealing with army restrictions? I have a southern and Utopian armies. I can run many different set ups and selections. Are there limits to regiments of any kind? One army choice limit? The different PL for the league also make it hard to stick to one specific regiment since they have limits to certain PLs.
Wizard
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 07:22:45 PM »

Each Player will have to pick one faction (UMF, SRA, PRDF, etc.) and use it for all games. All Regiments of Note are allowed, but if you choose a Regiment of Note, you must use it for all games UNLESS using the RoN would prevent you from fielding a legal army by the scenario rules (i.e. required upgrades cause TV to be too high, reduced access to necessary units, etc). If for some reason you cannot field the specified PL because of your chosen FACTION, i.e. Leagueless restricted to PL 1 and 2, or PRDF having 0 Elite choices without using Black Talon allies, and therefore unable to field PL 4, then you may choose the PL that you build your army for, and you still get SP as the original PL.

Each week match ups will be posted, and you have the rest of the weeek to get the game in. The campaign will last 5 weeks and the winner is the player with the most VPs at the end.

Žaš er gott. Ég var gert fyrir bardaga, og minn skal vera öldin kappans. Lįtašu önnur goš drottnu žegar barįttan er buin. Ég skal riša gaulaš ofvišriš, og deyja į sķšastrum miklum storminum.
Darzoni
Colonel

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 12:40:48 PM »

I'll be playing Peace Officer Corps for the League.
WickedlyLance
General

Waaagh!

MattBlackEmerid
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 02:50:20 PM »

As it turns out the PRDF can take a Special Forces Squad as an elite if they're Veterans.

I'm PRDF.

Me: "I'm in customer service. I have to hate everyone."
Wizard: "Isn't that the exact opposite of what you should do?"
Me: "Yeah, but then I'd have ulcers."
Come see my Photo's at ironlichstudio.deviantart.com or Facebook under Lance Park!
Black Knight
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 02:55:30 PM »

First off  is Sp Support Points ? So if I field SRA Southern Republic Army, which can not be used at PL 1, their PL 2+. I just make the army as ..Huh. Next if I did Legion Noire its either 2+ PL as Milica or 3+ SRA and I always add and elite OS choice unit to my limit. I'm somewhere between confused and mad Laughter from a Stealth Sniper unit in a 500 point game.

I'm not trying to be hard but I've spent the last week trying to figure this out. The writers did not make every faction easy to use no matter what.
Stufftingle
Private

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 03:07:26 PM »

I think we should leave PL loose at the moment for flexibility sake, ie. We set a limit to TV and outline mission parameters making it a player/field commander choice as to the importance of the target given their personal resources.
Wizard
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 03:36:08 PM »

This is tournament format games, therefore it has set TV and PL. However, I don't want to penalize people for choosing a faction or regiment which cannot play at a certain PL. If you play a REGIMENT, such as Legion Noire, which cannot be used, ie PL 2+/3+, you ignore the regiment rules for that game. If your FACTION, ie SRA, cannot be used because of PL, then you choose the PL. But in a PL 1 game your base Support Points will be 1 no matter what PL your army is made from.

I realize that building your army off a higher PL can be an advantage, but I'm trying to balance the tournament aspect of fixed force organization and the campaign aspect of force unity.

Legion Noire doesn't do PL 1 even if they are MILICIA, so you pull non-regiment guys from the faction to run that mission. However, SRA still doesn't do PL1, so the non-regiment guys are still PL2 or higher. Remember, you may have access to high quality gear, but you have to pay for it, and the TV will not change under any circumstances.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:21:12 PM by Wizard » Logged

Wizard
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 03:48:18 PM »

I noticed that the posted scenario rules were in error. They are now updated and I'll bring a new scenario sheet to the store today.

Black Knight
Private

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 11:06:42 AM »

I will be using Southern Republic Army for the League .
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Forum