Severely Awesome Games Forum

May 30, 2020, 07:57:03 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

SeverelyAwesome.com Live!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Heavy Gear Long Haul League Info  (Read 4654 times)
Wizard
Uktena, Snake of Rock Bottom
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« on: September 05, 2010, 06:37:27 PM »

After the end of the current league, I will be starting another league which will continue indefinitely. In this thread I will post my ideas for the campaign, and eventually, a consolidated set of rules. I welcome any feedback.

League Games
Each player can play up to one game per week, but you do not have to play. Also, if you play in a tournament or other Heavy Gear event, that game can be counted toward the league, provided you and your opponent agree. In order to count toward the league, the scenario must either be part of a Heavy Gear event, or generated as specified in L&L pgs. 36-48.

Scoring
After a game, determine success % as described at the bottom of page 48. Your campaign score is the weighted average of all your success ratings. Only the organizer will have to worry about the math but in case you are interested, the details can be found at http://severelyawesome.com/forum/index.php?topic=1476.0. If both players get higher than "Disputed", or both players get lower than "Disputed", or both players get "Disputed", The game will be ruled a tie, and will not count toward either player's league score, though it will count for other purposes.

Factions/Regiments
Players must select a faction when beginning the league, they may also select a Regiment of Note, or may select a Regiment of Note at any time in the future. When playing a league game, the player must use his chosen faction, and may use the chosen Regiment if desired. Neither Faction nor Regiment, if selected, may be changed. If a player wishes, he may enter the league with another faction or regiment, but he will be treated as two separate players in this case.

Advancement
I'm still not sure how I will work league advancement, but I am leaning toward putting out special scenarios. If you secure a success in the scenario, you will have the ability to upgrade one of your veteran units in future games with experience rewards.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:02:48 PM by Wizard » Logged

Žaš er gott. Ég var gert fyrir bardaga, og minn skal vera öldin kappans. Lįtašu önnur goš drottnu žegar barįttan er buin. Ég skal riša gaulaš ofvišriš, og deyja į sķšastrum miklum storminum.
Darzoni
Colonel

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 03:32:02 PM »

I like this idea!!- Lance

Edit: DAMN IT. This is why I don't usually use the house computer anymore...DAMN IT.
Wizard
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:14:57 PM »

Factions/Regiment cont'd
By faction I mean SRA, UMFA, PRDF, etc. Also, it's probably obvious, but your Regiment of Note, if any must be part of your chosen faction.

Žaš er gott. Ég var gert fyrir bardaga, og minn skal vera öldin kappans. Lįtašu önnur goš drottnu žegar barįttan er buin. Ég skal riša gaulaš ofvišriš, og deyja į sķšastrum miklum storminum.
Wizard
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 09:10:12 PM »

Challenge Missions
Every 2-4 weeks, the League Organizer will post a challenge mission. These will mostly be scenarios from the War for Terra Nova books. They will count toward your score, but not against your one game per week. Should you choose to accept the mission, your opponent will be the League Organizer. In addition to ribbons/medals (below), challenge missions will have a secret reward attached, some in-game, some not.

Advancement and Rewards
Combat Service Ribbon: For every three league games that you play (whether they count for score or not), you get a Combat Service Ribbon. When building a list, you may give one Survivor Upgrade to one squad per Combat Service Ribbon you have. You may not upgrade more squads than your list's PL. A squad may have more than one upgrade. Tier 2 and 3 upgrades must be "unlocked" by completing certain challenges.

Extended Service Ribbon: Awarded for winning a challenge mission. If you have an Extended Service Ribbon, you may take Tier 2 upgrades with your Combat Service Ribbons. In order to take a Tier 2 upgrade, the selected unit must have a Tier 1 upgrade from the same list (Movement, Defense, etc.). You may only receive one Extended Service Ribbon.

Field Command Ribbon: Awarded for winning one general league game, one challenge league game, and one tournament league game. If you have a Field Command Ribbon, you may take Tier 3 upgrades with your Combat Service Ribbons. In order to take a Tier 3 upgrade, the selected unit must have a Tier 2 upgrade from the same list (Movement, Defense, etc.). You may only receive one Field Command Ribbon.

Distinguished Service Medal: Awarded after three successive victories, in which at the end of each game, you had a League Score of 80% or more. You may only receive one Distinguished Service Medal.

Medal of Valor: Awarded for destroying the entirety of the opposing force, denying the opponent all of his objectives, or for winning a scenario without losing a combat group. You may only receive a Medal of Honor once for each of these conditions, and no more than one Medal per scenario. If you accomplish more than one condition in a single game, you must choose which one to claim for the Medal. If you have one or more Medals of Valor, you may increase your Army Commander's Leadership by 1 for +10TV. You do not gain extra Command Points for this!

Purple Heart: Awarded for losing the entirety of your fielded force. If you have a Purple Heart, your Army Commander may buy an additional Sturdy Box for +10TV. You may only receive the Purple Heart once.

Victory Commendation: Awarded once for every 5 victories. Reward TBA

Campaign Commendation: Awarded for winning 3 league challenge missions. Reward TBA

So, questions, comments? Do you think it is too easy to get Tier 3 upgrades? I realize it depends on the Heavy Gear event schedule, but hopefully I'll get challenge missions up about every 3 weeks, and tournaments once or twice every 2 months. Any suggestions for more ribbons/medals?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 01:22:48 AM by Wizard » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Forum