Severely Awesome Games Forum

January 22, 2018, 03:00:53 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length











SeverelyAwesome.com Live!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: RETALIATION!  (Read 16632 times)
Hoplomancer
Colonel
***
Posts: 773


Semper Liber


View Profile Email
« on: October 21, 2009, 07:13:37 PM »

A quest

I'm going to start a forum game, text adventure style. I'm going to do this in the traditional "suggestion" style that many other forum game use, which does not limit the number of players that can join in and doesn't require me to wait until everyone posts.

The way this work is that I set the stage and the background, and there is one main character. Everyone posts to suggest the next course of action for the character. Whichever course of action is most voted on or, if they are all different, that I like the best, is the one that the character follows. I have no plan as far as what the storyline is going to be; I am just going to set it up. What happens is up to you, and that way it is fun for me, too, since I really don't know what is going to happen either.

I will try to update every day, and if there are no suggestions on a day I will update after the first suggestion I see, which will be the one I use.

Ok, here goes:

The Near Future...

The sound of a tugboat's horn rips through the air nearby, and you suddenly awake. Floating. Soaked to the bone. Surprised, you slip off of whatever driftwood you had been clinging to. Your wound stings in pain as you struggle to swim. "That's right, I was shot." You remember. You gasp for breath as you fight toward what you assume to be the shore. It is dark, and you can see that there are lights in the distance. You manage to make it to the shore, and after coughing up some water you remember what happened. They shot you and threw you in the river. Why? Because you are a murderer.

At least that's what they want everyone to think. You know the truth. You know how deep the corruption goes in this city. There are so many cops in the pocket of so many different corrupt officials that it is dizzying, but you know names. It is dangerous to be an honest accountant. So they kill your wife and frame you for it. Then they make it look like you fled town, but instead they drive you out of town, shoot you, and toss your body in the river.

Well, you didn't die.

You collect yourself, and recognize the lights as the Greater New Orleans bridge. Heh, they drive you 30 miles up river road only to have you float right back where it all started. Well, too bad for them. As far as you're concerned, you are already dead, so you won't be to preoccupied with the risks involved in killing each and every one of them.
1. The mayor
2. The chief of police
3. The officers that killed your wife and shot you. Jackson, Pierre, Roberts, and Franklin.
4. Anyone who gets in your way.

You collect yourself and try to stand. Your would hurts like hell, but it didn't seem to hit any vital organs. The Mississippi River isn't exactly clean, so antibiotics are a priority. You could go to a hospital, but you're a wanted murderer, so that could be a real problem.

You take an inventory of your possessions. You have:
Your wet clothes: Shirt, pants, socks, shoes, leather belt.
$1.82
Your wedding band.
A great deal of anger.

What do you do?
Logged
Schwindler von Wahrheit
Master Sergeant
****
Posts: 415


cdkff4
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 06:26:33 AM »

Ok, the accountant guy, thinks in his head to all the doctors I'm sure he's done taxs/audits on and thinks of the one strugling the most.  Then offers scratch my back your back thing about removing the bullet or closing the wound.  But if the bullet clear'd I say find a hot iron and close the wound up yourself.
Logged

A seal walks into a club.
Wizard
Uktena, Snake of Rock Bottom
Administrator
***
Posts: 666


jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 11:50:09 AM »

While a hot iron would stop the bleeding, the character survived after falling unconscious, so the wound has already stabilized, otherwise he would have bled to death. The problem is digging the bullet out if it hasn't gone throuhg, and sterilizing the wound. The ideal situation would be that the accountant knows of a doctor or a nurse who is deep in debt, and be able to use that as leverage to get fixed on the down low. Short of that, he would need to knock over a convenience store for alcohol to sterilize the wound and bandages.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 11:52:23 AM by Ulfunnar » Logged

Žaš er gott. Ég var gert fyrir bardaga, og minn skal vera öldin kappans. Lįtašu önnur goš drottnu žegar barįttan er buin. Ég skal riša gaulaš ofvišriš, og deyja į sķšastrum miklum storminum.
Hoplomancer
Colonel
***
Posts: 773


Semper Liber


View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 01:28:42 PM »

You decide that you first need to sterilize the wound. The bullet entered and exited cleanly, and you are no longer bleeding. However, you've been in the water for almost 24 hours, so bacterial infection is a possible problem. You need antibiotics. You know a doctor at Children's Hospital that you were good friends with. Maybe you can convince him that you are innocent, or maybe you can threaten to expose the ways you helped him hide his debt (you are an honest accountant, but you don't see a point in disgracing your friends) First things first, you need to get your bearings.

You are here 29.916975,-90.133843 (punch this in to Google Maps)

Where do you go? (give me an address, intersection, or coordinates for google maps.)
Logged
Hoplomancer
Colonel
***
Posts: 773


Semper Liber


View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 01:52:13 PM »

Another note: You should come up with an alias. Everyone suggest one along with the action suggestion in your next post. The one I like best sticks.

Anotherer note: These suggestion forum games get really silly on forums with lots of people, and they are kind of supposed to get silly. How serious or silly the adventure gets is up to you guys. I will always take the suggestion that is either the general consensus of the posts, or if the posts are totally different, I take the most entertaining one.
Logged
Wizard
Uktena, Snake of Rock Bottom
Administrator
***
Posts: 666


jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 01:58:31 PM »

He should walk toward the children's hospital. Follow the train tracks to the intersection of Calhoun and the unnamed road behind the hospital. Based on the view from Calhoun/Tchoupitoulas and Henry Clay/Tchoupitoulas, it should not be busy back there especially at night. He should look for a pay phone, scout out a hiding place within earshot and then copy down the phone number on it. With only $1.82 he probably only has a few minutes, not to mention it would suck to have $0. So now he should call the hospital. Talk fast and ask if Dr. Buddy is on duty. If not, tell them it's an emergency and Dr. Buddy has to call (the pay phone's number). If he is, tell them there isn't much time and they can't put the call on hold. If they ask what the problem is, say it's a private matter between doctor and patient.

Once Dr. Buddy is on the line, the character's life is in immediate danger (technically true) and he needs Dr. Buddy only to come to the pay phone. Explain that the character was framed but more details will have to be told in person. Get him to come, and then hide in the hiding place and await Dr. Buddy.
Logged

Žaš er gott. Ég var gert fyrir bardaga, og minn skal vera öldin kappans. Lįtašu önnur goš drottnu žegar barįttan er buin. Ég skal riša gaulaš ofvišriš, og deyja į sķšastrum miklum storminum.
Schwindler von Wahrheit
Master Sergeant
****
Posts: 415


cdkff4
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »

Alright Mr. Vancover, should take Expedition road til' he makes it to the unmarked Road and take that right by the hospital.  At that point it's night Not many on staff, but someone watching the door I'm sure a cop inside also I'm sure.  Mr. Vancover than should find Railroad Spikes in a stack of 50, and go near the front of the hospital and find Dr. McKingslytin III's car.  Pry open the trunk or try too. Knowing a doctor he has a alarm on his car and no one even a cop will notice some trunk messed up at night. THen the doc will get page'd then you jump cover your voice up and make him cry.  See if he had anything or knew anything on the inside about his firends murder than take his wallet Cell phone then surprise him that it's you and alive give him the wallet back hoping he'll foreget about the cell phone. And Make him patch you up.
Logged

A seal walks into a club.
Hoplomancer
Colonel
***
Posts: 773


Semper Liber


View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 08:02:17 PM »

You climb up the levee and take a look around. You realize where you are, and to your delight realize that you are only a few blocks from Children's Hospital. Under cover of darkness, you make your way up Exposition Blvd and into the parking lot of the hospital. You find a payphone and put a quarter in. You call Dr. Kingston's cell.
"Hello?"
"Fred it's..."
"Yeah, I know, I recognize your voice. I thought you left the country."
"I didn't kill Charlene."
"I never thought you did. What happened?"
"The cops set me up, then they shot me and threw me in the river. The story about me leaving the country is a cover. They figure they're in the clear if everyone thinks I went to Paraguay."
"You were shot?!"
"Yes, but I think I'm ok."
"The news said that your credit card was used at the airport..."
"They stole my wallet. I don't have but $1.57. Listen, my bullet wound isn't bleeding anymore, but I've been floating in the Mississippi for a day. I need some antibiotics."
"Alright, listen. Wait by the back service entrance. I'll come down through there in a minute, and I should be able to sneak you up here and take a look at you."
"Thanks. Oh, and when you talk to me, don't use my name. Call me... Mr. Vancouver."

You wait a few minutes and surely enough Fred opens the service entrance. He beckons to you and you follow him in. He shows you up the service stairwell into a storage closet.
"Wait here"

You wait a minute, and he returns with a small bag. He draws out a syringe, a bottle of pills, some topical antiseptic, and a few large bandages. He prepares the syringe and gestures toward your arm.
"I would put you on an IV, but you don't have the time, so I'll just be able to give you this injection. Take the pills twice daily until the bottle is empty. That should be enough to wipe out any infection, but I can't make any promises."

He injects you with the needle and then begins to clean your wound, front and back. He puts the bandages over all the open spots.
"All right. All done. Maybe you should wait here for a little while and rest."
"No, I don't think I should stay in any one place for long."
It would really be best for you not to move too much. You don't want your wound to reopen, and I won't be able to sneak down here for long enough to stitch it."
"Sorry Fred, but I'm going."
"No, I'm sorry. You're not."

Dr. Kingston shoves you into the closet. You hear him trying to lock the door. Thinking quickly, you grab a pipe wrench and slam into the door. The door flies open, knocking the Doc down.
"Sorry Fred," you say, as you bring the wrench down on his head.

You take off the doctor's coat and put it on, leaving the wrench behind. Surely Fred called the cops when he went for the supplies. You grab Fred's wallet, but find only $20 in cash. You take the wallet anyway, though using the credit cards would probably get you found pretty quick. He doesn't have his keys on him. You go back down the stairs, but as you near the bottom you see the door opening and an NOPD officer entering with his weapon drawn. You quickly dart out of sight and open the first door you come to. It leads to a wing of the hospital.

Playing it cool, you manage to walk right out the front door in your doctor outfit. You figure the cops would be making a beeline for the storage closet, and wouldn't take time to look closely at the face of a doctor seemingly about his business.

You now stand in front of the hospital. There is an NOPD unit out front, but he seems to be too busy with his radio to notice anything suspicious about you. You decide not to remain for long. Where do you flee to?

You are here 29.918636,-90.126674
You have: Damp clothes, Doctor coat, Fred's wallet, Antibiotics, and $21.57.
(hint: to place a green arrow on google maps, right click a spot and then select "what's here?" The coordinates will then be in the search bar above.)
Logged
Schwindler von Wahrheit
Master Sergeant
****
Posts: 415


cdkff4
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 08:14:47 AM »

Questions before I respond:

What time is it?

What day of the week is it?

Oh, and Time of the Year?(i.e. Mardi Gras, X-Mas, Near New Years, etc.)

Logged

A seal walks into a club.
Hoplomancer
Colonel
***
Posts: 773


Semper Liber


View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 09:07:11 AM »

It is currently 9:48 PM.

It is Tuesday.

It is October 21st.
Logged
Schwindler von Wahrheit
Master Sergeant
****
Posts: 415


cdkff4
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 11:20:49 PM »

Head North til you see no one around and ditch the coat or give it to a bum. North Away from the po-po's.
Logged

A seal walks into a club.
Hoplomancer
Colonel
***
Posts: 773


Semper Liber


View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 09:20:05 AM »

You travel north a few blocks until you feel like you're relatively safe, or at least would be able to hide. You ditch the doctor coat in a dumpster nearby (see street view).

You are here, in front of the dumpster: 29.922877,-90.124569

What do you do next?
Logged
Schwindler von Wahrheit
Master Sergeant
****
Posts: 415


cdkff4
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 08:56:06 PM »

Probaly hungry. start heading to the quarter to find half drunk liquids and stuff and hook up with a fat chick with a hotel room. and order room service and leave before she wakes up.
Logged

A seal walks into a club.
Wizard
Uktena, Snake of Rock Bottom
Administrator
***
Posts: 666


jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »

Book the room using Jackson's name and kill the hooker.
Logged

Žaš er gott. Ég var gert fyrir bardaga, og minn skal vera öldin kappans. Lįtašu önnur goš drottnu žegar barįttan er buin. Ég skal riša gaulaš ofvišriš, og deyja į sķšastrum miklum storminum.
Hoplomancer
Colonel
***
Posts: 773


Semper Liber


View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 06:25:45 PM »

The french quarter is 5.2 miles away walking. That will take an hour and 45 minutes. A long walk on foot. You need to take things one step at a time. Before you can seduce any lonely women in the french quarter you will have to:
1. Get clean clothes.
2. Get clean yourself. You smell like sweat and a gross river.

You know there are some secondhand clothing stores on Magazine street where you could get a decent outfit on your budget.
(29.923265,-90.087829) You could probably also buy a bar of soap and give yourself a bath using the restroom sink at a grocery store or drug store and drying off with paper towels.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Forum