Severely Awesome Games Forum

November 19, 2018, 10:52:24 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

SeverelyAwesome.com Live!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Questions  (Read 14232 times)
Hoplomancer
Colonel

Semper Liber

View Profile Email
« on: October 29, 2009, 12:36:26 PM »

I have some questions.
1. When is the first episode going to be finished?
2. Exactly what sort of things do you discuss on the show, and in what format?
3. How long is each one?
4. How regularly will new episodes be completed? Is this a monthly podcast? More or less frequent than that?
5. What sort of advertising do you want to do to get listeners, and beyond that, if you have listeners, will you be advertising/plugging games for money?
Wizard
Uktena, Snake of Rock Bottom
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 01:43:39 PM »

1. Should be up tonight.

2. We divide the show into three segments. We try to do one each for Games Workshop and Privateer Press, and one for other games.

3. We're looking at 1-2 hours.

4. We're recording every 2 weeks. If we can get one edited and posted by the time the next one is recorded, which should not be a problem, that will be the schedule.

5. At the moment we're just word of mouth. Once we're satisfied that we have a quality product, we'll look to advertising. If we get a fan base big enough to warrant it, then yes advertising for money ftw!

Žaš er gott. Ég var gert fyrir bardaga, og minn skal vera öldin kappans. Lįtašu önnur goš drottnu žegar barįttan er buin. Ég skal riša gaulaš ofvišriš, og deyja į sķšastrum miklum storminum.
WickedlyLance
Lieutenant

Waaagh!

MattBlackEmerid
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 02:23:02 PM »

1. See Ulfy.
2. We discuss games we play. Right now it's looking like Topic #1 is GW, Topic #2 is Privateer Press, and the LAST topic of every show is a "Next Time on BG!" My plan is eventually to do RPG's, whether as a Topic #3, or occasionally taking over the Topic 1 or 2 slot depending.

The CURRENT Format Run down is somethin' like this:
Introduction
Recent Engagements (This is where we talk about the games we've played in the last two weeks or so.)
Topic #1
Topic #2
Last Topic: Next time on Backfield Generals!
With breaks inbetween each segment.

We do plan to do Severely Awesome Games plugs too. I'm also open to brainstorming new segments too, like Hobby/Painting/Funny Stories/Etc.

3. 1-2 Hours, like Ulfy said. How long we go also kind of dictates the topics. If we're doing a Codex Overview or somethin' yer probably looking at that being the only topic.

4. Every two weeks. Fits everyone's schedule really well, and we do have a few episodes in the queue to give us some leeway. How many are quality...I dunno! That depends on the editing!

5. Word of mouth right now. As soon as we have one episode up I'm going to see about getting it on ITunes, and putting a link up on a couple websites and forums I frequent, including 40kRadio and the Privateer Press boards. As for Money in da future? I dig it. I don't necessarily PLAN on it, but I dig it. What I'd really like to use any money we get from this on is for better equipment and programs.

Me: "I'm in customer service. I have to hate everyone."
Wizard: "Isn't that the exact opposite of what you should do?"
Me: "Yeah, but then I'd have ulcers."
Come see my Photo's at ironlichstudio.deviantart.com or Facebook under Lance Park!
Schwindler von Wahrheit
Master Sergeant

cdkff4
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 11:37:21 PM »

God damn the the Shift + Backspace key deleteing my entrie post damn it to hell!
Shorter Version:
1. Why so long of shows? should keep it to an hour most. make people want to hear more of what you think and what your opinion might change on things about those things developement of the characters.
2. Sticking to just tabletop games or gonna dive some into the PC console games as well?
3. Have you ever been stab'd in the foot before?
4. Disgaea 3 was amazing! got to level like 900 3x now and still not bored. Go play it.
5. I hate my jorb so much.

I get nearly done and bam shift+backspace happens freaking stupid.

A seal walks into a club.
Wizard
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 01:02:31 AM »

Crl + Z is your friend.

Most gaming podcasts are in the 1-2 hour range. I don't anticipate us ever doing computer or console games except where they relate to tabletop (we may do a segment on a Dawn of War type game).

Žaš er gott. Ég var gert fyrir bardaga, og minn skal vera öldin kappans. Lįtašu önnur goš drottnu žegar barįttan er buin. Ég skal riša gaulaš ofvišriš, og deyja į sķšastrum miklum storminum.
Hoplomancer
Colonel

Semper Liber

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 09:22:30 AM »

I've stabbed you in the foot, Bassil.
WickedlyLance
Lieutenant

Waaagh!

MattBlackEmerid
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 12:39:07 PM »

To Baasil:
1. Standard is 1-2 hours.
2. Just tabletop unless something related to tabletopgaming is released....Like maybe the upcoming Space Marine game....or Warmachine Game...
3. No. My bro has stepped on a pencil before though!
4. Screw the PS3.
5. Who doesn't?

Come see my Photo's at ironlichstudio.deviantart.com or Facebook under Lance Park!
Schwindler von Wahrheit
Master Sergeant

cdkff4
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 09:04:21 PM »

To Wicked:

5. I work 70-80 hoursa week six days a week, and I am under paid.
4. I have own all three gaming consoles a decent gaming computer tha tI left at work.  Decent meaning it doesn't slow down during DoW2. PS3 is just my latest thing I got I bought it for one game really could care less about the others.  And I own a vast number of RPGs for the PSone, and Ithe good ones for SNES.  I really have nothing better to spend money on. 
3. Job Title= Plant Manager and I lack to pay grade for it.
2. What do you think about looted wagons?
1. Captain America, Great Super Hero? or Greatest?

Wizard
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 09:39:48 PM »

Just great. Batman is the greatest super hero.

Schwindler von Wahrheit
Master Sergeant

cdkff4
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 12:07:04 AM »

Oh really I Batman punch'd Hitler? oh that's right that was the Captain who did that...Who fought the Govt. for breaking the constitution? oh right Captain did that too.Who saved America on a global scale more often and not just one city? oh right Batman stayed in Gotham pretty much and Captain America was punching dirty stinking commys in the FACE!

Hoplomancer
Colonel

Semper Liber

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 06:32:59 PM »

He has a point. I don't remember Batman ever punching Hitler or commies.
Schwindler von Wahrheit
Master Sergeant

cdkff4
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 10:11:30 PM »

How many Robins did Batman go through? 3? How many Buckys did Captain America go through? Oh just one, and wait whats that? HE"S STILL ALIVE!

Wizard
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 12:47:46 PM »

Except that Bucky is a tool, and hates Cap. Dick Grayson went on to be Nightwing, the "good" Batman, who still works with Batman. Jason Todd got blown up by the Joker, which almost made Batman kill the Joker. Tim Drake is a better detective even than Batman, who figured out who Superman is, and always beats Superman. Let's see Cap and his flying shield beat the Man of Steel. Batman doesn't need to punch Hitler, he'll make Superman do it. Then he'll sucker punch Superman. Batman's govt didn't break the constitution. Even when Lex Luthor took the presidency, he worked within the law, with Superman as his lapdog, so Batman kicked Superman's ass again, and then kicked Lex Luthor's ass just for being an asshole. Oh, and when Superman was a commie, Batman forced Superman to kill him, so Superman would see the error of his ways.

Robin crushed Green Lantern's trachea.

Hoplomancer
Colonel

Semper Liber

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 01:07:16 PM »

Looks like round 2 goes to Batman here.

Everybody really knows who the best superhero is, though.
http://www.youtube.com/user/therealbradneely?blend=2&ob=4#p/u/51/l7iVsdRbhnc
WickedlyLance
Lieutenant

Waaagh!

MattBlackEmerid
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 12:36:23 PM »

This thread has gotten silly.

Looted Wagons: FUN, but I'd only bring one or two due to their random nature. Ork Ballistic Skill is suck, so really the template only helps against horde armies because really? It ain't reliably cracking any vehicle even with STR 8 Ordnance due to the fact it's got a good chance of scattering between 0-10 inches. They're kind of like Rhino's with bigger guns. And random movement. Would I take them over Trukks? If I was looking for a fairly cheap artillery vehicle then yes. For transport? Probably not.

Captain America's a friggin' pussy. He's the poster boy for idealism.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Forum