Severely Awesome Games Forum

October 27, 2020, 07:38:20 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

SeverelyAwesome.com Live!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Delays....  (Read 7437 times)
WickedlyLance
Lieutenant

Waaagh!

MattBlackEmerid
View Profile Email
« on: November 10, 2009, 01:07:28 PM »

We DLed this program on Denny's laptop and edited up a version of Episode 1 to put up/practice with the program, and then we did a two person episode last week to get something up....and then the software Denny DL'ed tweaked out on Episode 1 and the 2-man Episode when trying to Export it. As far as that software's owning companies Tech Support? ......Last I heard they were stymied.

IF WE CAN GET IT FIXED we can alleviate some burden from Josh by working on editing some episodes, and at the least we have a backup program if Josh has an emergency/can't make it. We can also then do commercials/sound bites/special Forum Exclusive Recordings/Interviews/etc. Having two workable computers/Programs is better than one.

If the software worked. Blasted Tech Support....

Josh is going to put Episode 1 up on some site or such so Denny can DL it and put it on the site hopefully within the week. However Josh has been extremely busy with work and life....so much so he shaved his Moustache. SHAVED. HIS. MOUSTACHE. OMG.

I have decided I hate computers from this affair.

Me: "I'm in customer service. I have to hate everyone."
Wizard: "Isn't that the exact opposite of what you should do?"
Me: "Yeah, but then I'd have ulcers."
Come see my Photo's at ironlichstudio.deviantart.com or Facebook under Lance Park!
Hoplomancer
Colonel

Semper Liber

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 07:47:53 PM »

I reiterate the danger of setting an update schedule.

I mean really, what is this, like 3 weeks late now for the very first episode?

Be careful.
Schwindler von Wahrheit
Master Sergeant

cdkff4
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 06:46:37 AM »

Yeah setting up a schdule would mean commitment.

A seal walks into a club.
Hoplomancer
Colonel

Semper Liber

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 09:31:31 AM »

That's the problem I had with my webcomic. Making the schedule at the outset, I went with how often I could possibly update. Then when anything came up I had to delay it or rush it. It is better to set the update schedule to like half the rate of production, or at least always remain a bit ahead. Problem with something like a podcast is, you don't want to have backlogged episodes with outdated material. It would be silly to talk about a new something in a game when that thing is a few months old.
Wizard
Uktena, Snake of Rock Bottom
Administrator

jonalfarlinga
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 05:08:49 PM »

And we haven't set a schedule yet. As far as I know, we said every two weeks once we get a handle on putting them up. Every two weeks will not be a problem, Lance and I are always at OWG every other Thursday anyway, it just means we can't play games that day. The problem is getting a podcast published. If we could do one, we would have no problem doing them all on time. I know, I've said that the first one would be up a few times, but I had unforseen physical and technical obstructions, so I have stopped saying that. When we get one up, I will announce then, and only then, that the first one is ready. After that one every two or four weeks, as we decide, will be completely sustainable.

Žaš er gott. Ég var gert fyrir bardaga, og minn skal vera öldin kappans. Lįtašu önnur goš drottnu žegar barįttan er buin. Ég skal riša gaulaš ofvišriš, og deyja į sķšastrum miklum storminum.
WickedlyLance
Lieutenant

Waaagh!

MattBlackEmerid
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 12:26:18 PM »

Technical obstructions. Fragging Tech Support.

Also, Josh Baldwin, I think, used Sendspace to like send you the first episode or something. I have no idea how SendSpace works.

Come see my Photo's at ironlichstudio.deviantart.com or Facebook under Lance Park!
Schwindler von Wahrheit
Master Sergeant

cdkff4
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 08:01:22 AM »

So hows that 1st episode coming along?

A seal walks into a club.
WickedlyLance
Lieutenant

Waaagh!

MattBlackEmerid
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 03:43:52 PM »

Dunno yet. Thanksgiving is this week so time is at a premium really.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Forum