Severely Awesome Games Forum

February 26, 2021, 01:35:43 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

SeverelyAwesome.com Live!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: BUM Sourcebooks to be released!  (Read 4302 times)
Hoplomancer
Colonel

Semper Liber

View Profile Email
« on: April 23, 2010, 12:17:43 PM »

As of yesterday, I sent Ulf an updated main rule book, Medieval/Fantasy Sourcebook, Magic Sourcebook, and Advanced Combat Rules supplement! There is now 68 pages of BUM! The new rules should show up on the site whenever Ulf gets a chance to upload.

The basic rules is now version 1.1, but this will hopefully become 1.2 soon, because I didn't bother to format the whole thing all pretty after the added material, so there are some bad page breaks and such. I'm going to need some illustrations to fill up space so that everything starts on a fresh page.

Also Ulf, I want to change the intro to what BUM is on the BUM page of the website. Please replace the first paragraph with this:

Basic Universal Modular (B.U.M.) Role-playing is a simple and generic system of rules for the creation and running of a table top role-playing game. BUM offers straightforward rules of varying complexity that can be easily adapted to any purpose a Game Master needs, and that make the game both accessible to novice role-players and useful for anything the most advanced role-players wish to do as well. The system is designed to make games quick to start, quick to play, and easy to improvise, to cut down on the amount of time and effort necessary for the Game Master to create and run the game smoothly. Simply put, it is the ideal system for Game Masters who are, well, bums, or those who would rather spend their campaign development time making the game interesting rather than sorting out all the applicable rules, or just having a life.

Developed by a law student, BUM was born from the need for a system that minimized character and campaign creation time and that could be learned by the players in a matter of minutes, but that would still work for whatever the GM wished to do. A law student's free time is at a minimum, and table top role-playing is too time consuming to do without a system like BUM.

We hope you enjoy this game system. BUM will allow you to start a game almost spontaneously if you're with a group of friends and bored, or will also allow for a very in depth game with a rich setting and rule variety if you do have adequate time to prepare.

Alright, that should be it then. You guys get to gaming dammit!
Also Ulf, I think the home page should have a news section below the introduction, where you post if anything new on the site has been updated. You know what I mean, like 4/23/2010: New BUM Supplements! or New Backfield Generals Episode
Schwindler von Wahrheit
Master Sergeant

cdkff4
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 02:52:54 PM »

Shouldn't your version updates be number'd pre 1. I mean starting out and playing the game was alpha but mow that you have started compiling a book together seems to be beta. So wouldn't it be on like version .728 or something?

A seal walks into a club.
Hoplomancer
Colonel

Semper Liber

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 07:01:56 PM »

Severely Awesome Games doesn't do betas. We go for gold straight away.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Forum